USW Sisters & Brothers,
After our morning conference call with site leadership we have the following update:
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has not increased since our last communication. The total number of positive COVID-19 cases still remains at58.
- Operations – All areas remain operational.
- Hazard Pay– The Company answer is NO for now. You’ve stepped up and they’ve stepped back.
- Travel Quarantine – The following 4 scenarios were presented by the Company today with respect to the travel quarantine cascaded via the Company email of July 9th:
- If you traveled to any states listed in your home state’s COVID-19 Quarantine list and have returned prior to their effective dates which was June 24th for New Jersey and July 2nd for Pennsylvania you DO NOT NEED TO QUARANTINE.
- If you traveled to any of the state’s listed in your home state’s quarantine list prior to implementation and returned home after the effective date (June 24th for New Jersey and Jul 2nd for PA) continue to come to work. NO NEED TO QUARANTINE AT THIS TIME.
- If you are currently traveling and the rules were implemented while you were away, then YOU ARE EXPECTED TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS ONCE YOU RETURN HOME. THE COMPANY WILL PAY EMPLOYEES DURING THIS TIME. Make sure you notify your manager once you return so they can code it properly in ADP.
- For those that travel to any of the state’s listed in your home state’s quarantine list, on or after July 9th, YOU MUST INFORM YOUR MANAGER THAT YOU ARE TRAVELING TO A QUARANTINED STATE. YOU ALSO HAVE TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS ONCE YOU RETURN AND THE COMPANY IS NOT PAYING EMPLOYEES DURING THIS TIME. M-TIME IS BEING GIVEN DURING THIS TIME, BUT EMPLOYEES CAN ALSO USE VACATION/PERSONAL TIME AS WELL.
- Anyone forced to quarantine during this time will not be charged overtime refusals.
- The M-Time offered to quarantine will not affect your tier for 2021 or perfect attendance for 2020.
- For those that are forced to quarantine, the Union is advising these employees to file for unemployment during the time quarantined.
- For any employee that has to cancel their prepaid vacation, the Company has said they will consider reasonable reimbursement for expenses lost. Direct all reimbursement processes through your manager.
- The Union Office shares your disgust with these current guidelines. After spending the last 4 months keeping this site open in the face of this pandemic, the Company is now putting restrictions on much needed vacation time. We believe this quarantine is not contractual and we are currently in consultation with our attorneys to fight this with any/all means at our disposal. We will give further updates once they are available.
President USW Local 10-00086
Medical trustee Chair
Office # 215-652-6555
Cell # 215-880-3653